Shredded Jackfruit & BeansOct 14, 2020
Instead of asking what to make with jackfruit, ask yourself what can’t you make with jackfruit! Don’t be intimidated by this powerhouse plant food. We’ve shredded and roasted it to get it extra crispy, and then sauteed it with pinto beans and taco seasoning. We love it in our Mole Enchiladas (join us free here), but it's also great rolled in taquitos, stuffed in tacos or sprinkled in a taco bowl.
Shredded Jackfruit and Beans
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes
Makes about 3 cups
1 15-oz can jackfruit, drained
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 15-oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 ½ Tbsp taco or fajita seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Using a fork, shred the jackfruit on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat mat. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saute pan, heat the olive oil and onion. Cook for 4 minutes until soft and translucent. Stir in the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Stir in the jackfruit, along with the beans and seasoning.
- Cook for 5 minutes until heated through.
Ditch the oil: Use water or vegetable broth instead of olive oil.
Spoiler Alert: Shredded Jackfruit and Beans will stay fresh in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 4 days or frozen up to 3 months.
Batch it up! Shredded Jackfruit and Beans can be used as a filling in tacos or burritos, stirred into soups, or added to salads or bowls.